Zesty Eggplant Slices (Skhtorats)
This side dish works out in a good way for any meat you may likewise be flame broiling. Because of the Cajun preparing, the lively eggplant stands out enough to be noticed than a normal veggie.
- 1 3/4 lb long narrow eggplants,cut -into 1/2-inch,Slices
- 1 Tsp coarse (kosher) salt
- 4 lg cloves garlic,crushed in a -garlic press
- 3 Tbsp red wine vinegar
- 1/2 cup olive oil,or as needed
- 1/4 cup fresh cilantro,chopped
- 1 black pepper,Freshly Ground
- salt to taste
- Place the eggplant slices in a colander and toss with the salt. Let
stand for 30 minutes.
- Rinse the eggplant well, under cold running water, and pat dry with a kitchen towel.
- In a small bowl, combine the garlic and vinegar and let stand while you cook the eggplant.
- Divide the oil between 2 large skillets and heat until it sizzles.
- Add eggplant slices to both skillets, without overcrowding, and fry until a deep golden on both sides, 12 to 15 minutes. Repeat with any
- Transfer the fried slices to a large bowl, without draining. Let cool. Place the cooled eggplant slices in a serving
dish in layers, sprinkling each layer with vinegar-garlic mixture, pepper, salt (if needed), and cilantro.
- Cover and refrigerate for at least 2 hours before serving.