Waldorf (Apple) Salad Recipe
If using yogurt, omit the lemon juice. You may also want to add a little honey to balance the tartness of the yogurt.
Prep time: 15 minutes | Yield: Serves 4
- 6 Tbsp mayonnaise (or plain yogurt)
- 1 Tbsp lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Pinch of freshly ground black pepper
- 2 sweet apples, cored and chopped
- 1 cup red seedless grapes, sliced in half (or 1/4 cup of raisins)
- 1 cup celery, thinly sliced
- 1 cup chopped, slightly toasted walnuts
In a medium sized bowl, whisk together the mayonnaise (or yogurt), lemon juice, salt and pepper. Stir in the apple, celery, grapes, and walnuts. Serve on a bed of fresh lettuce.