THE BEST HOT CHOCOLATE 2020
This a great way to make the best hot chocolate, A sprinkling of crushed candy cane lends a festive touch to this creamy hot cocoa…or place a chocolate mint candy cane in each mug as a stirrer. Serve this heartwarming beverage with Christmas cookies to welcome friends in from the cold after skating, sledding or caroling.
- 4 cups milk
- 2/3 cup instant chocolate drink mix
- 5 chocolate mint candy canes, crushed
- 1-1/2 cups heavy whipping cream
- 1/4 cup confectioners’ sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- In a large saucepan, combine the milk and drink mix. Cook and stir over medium heat until heated through. Remove from the heat. Set aside 1 tablespoon crushed candy canes for garnish. Stir remaining candy canes into cocoa; keep warm.
- In a small mixing bowl, beat cream until it begins to thicken. Add confectioners’ sugar and vanilla; beat until stiff peaks form. Ladle cocoa into mugs. Top with whipped cream; sprinkle with reserved crushed candy canes.
Yield: 4 servings.