Summer Salad Bowl With Citrus Dressing
This salad makes for an ideal light summer lunch or side dish, composed of crunchy and colorful fresh vegetables,
paired with a zippy citrusy dressing. Please see the vegetable list used here as a guideline, and choose any
combination of in-season vegetables that tempts you the most. Raw golden beets are far more tender than their red
counterpart and add a nice, almost juicy, crunch here. Since beets are less earthy-tasting when used raw, they are
also far better received by beet haters.
4 servings, scant ½ cup dressing
- 3 tbsp grapeseed oil
- 3 tbsp seasoned rice vinegar
- 3 tbsp Spicy Citrus Sauce
- 2 tsp agave nectar, or to taste
- 1 tbsp minced shallot
- Pinch coarse kosher salt, Aleppo pepper flakes and ground sumac
- 3 endives, trimmed, washed, gently spun dry and chopped
- 4 baby yellow beets, trimmed and peeled, cubed small
- 10 red radishes, trimmed and thinly sliced
- 9 oz ready-to-eat fresh edamame, rinsed and drained
- ¾ cup dry roasted walnut halves, coarsely chopped
- Fresh flat-leaf parsley leaves, chopped
- Whisk the oil, vinegar, citrus sauce, agave, shallot, salt, Aleppo pepper flakes and sumac in a small bowl to
- Whisk again before serving if needed.
- Store leftovers in the refrigerator in an airtight container for up to 4 days, whisking before use again.
- Divide the endive, beets, radishes and edamame among 4 bowls.
- Drizzle with dressing to taste, and top with walnuts and parsley. Serve immediately
Do you want to experience life with a fresh perspective, breaking free from anxiety, fears, phobias or self doubt?
If so, LSW can help.
LSW provide Cognitive Hypnotherapy and Coaching in Islington, London and online via Zoom and I’m here to help you get out of your own way and create the fulfilling life you deserve. I help people discover their inner confidence and find the key to unlocking lasting happiness and change in their lives.