Steamed Mussels in Coconut Milk Broth
These delicious Steamed Mussels with Coconut is delightful flavors. Supper doesn’t get any simpler than this flavorful formula. I love to serve some fresh prepared fries as an afterthought for a combination.
- 1 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1-2 cloves garlic, chopped fine
- 3/4 cup water
- 1/4 cup dry white wine
- 1/2 cup canned coconut milk
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp red pepper flakes
- 1 pound black mussels 1 tsp black pepper
- Scrub and debeard the mussels.
- Set aside.
- In a large pot, heat the olive oil over medium-high heat.
- Add the garlic and cook for 3 minutes.
- Add the water, wine and coconut milk.
- Bring to a boil.
- Add salt and red pepper flakes.
- Insert a steamer basket and add the mussels.
- Cover and steam for 6 minutes.
- Remove mussels to a large bowl, discarding any that haven’t opened.
- Add black pepper to broth and pour over mussels.
- Garnish with chopped cilantro.