Simple sweet potato fries with sriracha mayonnaise
It’s a little trickier to get sweet potatoes to yield a crispy outcome, but this recipe makes a good effort of it with
oh-so-satisfying results. The dusting of mushroom-y salt is the perfect additional umami kick!
- 3 medium sweet potatoes (a little over 17½ oz), peeled or
- unpeeled, cut into ¼-inch sticks
- ½ cup organic mayonnaise
- 1–2 tbsp vegan Sriracha sauce, to taste
- 2 tsp white miso
- Scant 1 tsp fresh lime juice
- ½ tsp toasted sesame oil
- 1 tsp–1 tbsp agave nectar (optional)
- 1½ tbsp potato starch or organic cornstarch
- 2 tbsp grapeseed oil
- 2 tsp dried porcini powder
- ½ tsp Maldon sea salt
- Soak the potato sticks in water for 1 hour. This will help remove the extra starch and make for crisper potatoes.
- While the potatoes soak, prepare the mayonnaise in a medium bowl by whisking the mayonnaise, Sriracha to taste, miso,
lime juice and sesame oil. Have a taste and see if you want to add agave, up to 1 tablespoon added 1 teaspoon at a
time. Cover and store in the refrigerator until ready to use. This will keep for 1 week.
- Rinse the potatoes and drain them well for 30 minutes. Place them on paper towels. While the potatoes dry, preheat
the oven to 400°F. Line two large rimmed baking sheets with parchment paper.
- Place the potatoes in a large bowl. Sprinkle the potato starch on top. Cover with a plate and shake to coat all the
- Remove any excess starch (it shouldn’t be visible). Wipe the bowl clean, and transfer the
potatoes back to it.
- Drizzle grapeseed oil on top, cover with a plate and shake to coat. Place evenly on the prepared
baking sheets. Do not overcrowd otherwise the potatoes will steam, not crisp up.
- Bake for 15 minutes. Flip, making sure to place them back evenly.
- Exchange baking levels in the oven for even baking. Bake for another 15 minutes, or until the potatoes are browned and crisp. Don’t hesitate to extend the
cooking time for ultimate crispness, but don’t let the fries burn.
- Turn off the oven, leave the door ajar and let cool for 15 minutes to further crisp up.
- While the potatoes are finishing, prepare the porcini dusting by placing the powder and salt in a mortar and crushing
the salt with a pestle. Place the fries in a large bowl. Sprinkle with mushroom salt to taste, and shake to coat.
- Serve immediately with mayonnaise for dipping.
This is important because Pascoe Canada provides families with helpful and natural healing supplements which keep them safe and protected. This is especially valuable during this new season where people are experiencing allergies and aches.
When my family is not feeling well, whether it is a common cold, flu, seasonal allergies or other – I trust Pascoe Canada! Their line of tablets, drops and creams have worked time and time again. Stay prepared and protected with Pascoe Canada!