This is an extraordinary formula for parties. I freeze the extras; they warm very well. The fiery chicken and cooked peppers are a delicious pleasure when blended in with the softened cheeses. Cut the quesadillas into wedges and present with sour cream, guacamole and salsa.
Yield: 2 Servings
- 12 flour tortilla 10 size
- 2 tbsp Butter Softened
- 1/3 cup Monterey Jack Cheese Shredded
- 1/3 c Cheddar Cheese Shredded
- 1/2 medd Tomato Chopped
- 2 small Onion Diced
- 1 Jalapeno Diced
- 1 Chicken Cooked
- 1/4 tsp Fresh Cilantro Finely Chopped
- Sour Cream
- Heat a large frying pan over medium heat.
- Spread half of the butter on one side of each tortilla.
- Put tortilla, butter side down, in the hot pan.
- Spread the cheeses evenly onto the center of the tortilla in the pan.
- Sprinkle the tomato, onion and jalapeno over the cheese.
- Crumble the bacon and sprinkle it over the other ingredients.
- Sprinkle the cilantro and dash of salt over the other ingredients.
- Top with the remaining tortilla, buttered side up.
- When the bottom tortilla has browned, flip the quesadilla oven and grill the other side.
- Remove from pan and cut into 6 slices, using pizza cutter.