Some people will in general discover okra to be like eggplant in flavor. Both are mellow with a gritty, at times severe taste. Okra is likewise marginally verdant and invigorating in a green veggie kind of way. The more softly it’s cooked, the more evident these flavors will be, however you may get more harshness.
- Garlic, 1 clove for each jar
- Hot pepper, 1 for each jar
- Dill seed, 1 tsp. for each jar
- 1 qt. white vinegar or apple cider
- 1 cup water
- 1/2 cup salt
- Place garlic and pepper in bottom of hot pint jars.
- Pack firmly with clean young okra pods. Stem end must be open.
- Add dill seed. After packing jars, bring water, vinegar, and salt to boil.
- Simmer about 5 minutes and pour while hot over okra.
- Seal immediately.
- Set 8weeks.