Low-Fat Asian Chicken Salad
This crunchy, flavor-pressed Chinese chicken slashed plate of mixed greens is loaded up with veggies and delicate chicken threw in a rich, fat free asian dressing.
Yield: 1 Servings
- 1 cup teriyaki marinade
- 4 chicken breast fillets
**Fat-Free Asian Dressing**
- 2 cup water
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 3 Tsp dry pectin
- 1 Tbsp white vinegar
- 1/2 tsp soy sauce
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp garlic powder
- 1/4 tsp black pepper,Ground
- 1/4 tsp paprika
- 8 cup romaine lettuce,Chopped
- 8 cup iceberg lettuce,Chopped
- 3 cup red cabbage,Shredded
- 3 cup green cabbage,Shredded
- 2 cup carrots,Shredded
- 1 cup green onion,Chopped
- 1 1/3 cup crispy chow mein noodles
- Combine teriyaki marinade and chicken breasts in a medium bowl or resealable plastic bag. Marinate chicken for 3-4 hours.
- Prepare the dressing by combining all of the ingredients in a small saucepan over medium heat. Bring mixture to a rolling boil while stirring often with a whisk, then remove the pan from the heat to cool. When dressing has cooled, pour it into a covered container and chill.
- When chicken breasts have marinated, preheat barbecue grill to high heat. Grill chicken for 3-4 minutes per side, or until done.
- Combine the romaine and iceberg lettuce, red and green cabbage and 1 cup of shredded carrots in a large bowl with the dressing. Toss well.
- Divide the tossed greens among four plates. Sprinkle 1/4 cup of green onions over each salad, followed by 1/3 cup of crispy chow mein noodles.
- When the chicken breasts are done, slice each one, widthwise, into bite-size pieces. Sprinkle the sliced chicken breasts over each salad.
- Place a 1/4 cup pile of shredded carrots in the center of each salad.