Indonesian Chicken Porridge
Chicken porridge is a popular dish that is usually served as a breakfast menu.
Almost all countries in Asia have porridge dishes. Foods made from processed rice
have a soft texture and a lot of nutrients contained in it, so it is suitable for
consumption, here are the ingredients that need to be provided and how to make.
Basic Material Porridge :
● 1 cup of rice
● 8 cups of broth from chicken bone stew
● 2 bay leaf
● 1 teaspoon salt
Soup Ingredients :
● 2 pieces (1 1/2 cup) chicken thigh, radiating the bones
● 2 cm ginger, bruised
● 1/2 tablespoon salt
● 1 block of chicken stock
● 1/2 cup of water
● 2 tablespoons of oil for sauteing
Subtle Seasoning Ingredients :
● 6 red onions
● 3 cloves of garlic
● 1/4 teaspoon nutmeg
● 1/2 tsp ground pepper
● 2 candlenuts, roasted
● 1 cm roasted turmeric
● 1/2 teaspoon coriander
Supplementary material :
● 2 tablespoons soy sauce
● 1/4 cup of fried soybean
● 1 piece of cakwe, diced
● 1 celery stalk, finely sliced
● 2 tablespoons fried onions
● 2 tablespoons starch crackers
How to make chicken porridge :
- Wash rice thoroughly, then boil. Mix with chicken stock, salt, and bay leaves. Cook on medium heat and stir continuously during the boiling process until the rice becomes tender and thick. Once cooked, set aside.
- To make gravy, first of all, puree the spices. Then, heat a little oil to saute, then add the finely seasoned and crushed ginger. Saute until fragrant.
- After that, enter the chicken thigh meat, stir until the chicken meat turns brown. Then add water, salt, and block chicken stock.
- Cook over low heat while stirring until boiling and brothy. After that, turn off the heat.
- Next, remove the chicken from the soup. Fried chicken in hot oil until cooked. Fried chicken and then quipped – shredded.
- Pour the porridge in a bowl, sprinkle with shredded chicken. Sprinkle also with fried soybeans, celery, fried onions, and sweet soy sauce.
- Then flush with chicken porridge sauce and add the chunks of crackers and crackers…