Indonesian Banana Molen
Banana Molen This very popular snack comes from Bandung,
Indonesia. It is named banana molen because it looks like a molen truck.
Sweet banana flavor wrapped in a crispy fried dough skin, very delicious
when eaten while warm..
The following ingredients and ways of making banana molen…
● 1 uli banana comb
● 1 cup of flour
● 1/4 cup of refined sugar
● 1 teaspoon salt
● 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
● 1 egg
● 1 tablespoon margarine
● 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
● Ice water
- Take flour add baking powder, refined sugar, vanilla and salt stir until smooth.
- Mix the mixture well, then add the eggs, then add cold water, little by little while continuing to stir.
- After mixing thoroughly, add margarine, while continuing to stir until smooth.
- Then let stand for 15 minutes.
- Take a little dough, make it into a round shape, then roll the dough with the noodles or molen grind until thin.
- Make lengthwise with a width of approximately 2 cm
- Wrap the thin skin mixture on the banana until all parts of the banana are covered.
- After that heat the oil, fry the banana that has been wrapped in fried dough until golden, serve.