Episode 5 Cooking with Xeing: Shrimp Fry Rice
Shrimp fried rice is nice for a quick fast meal, as a result yummy, they’re straightforward dishes! If you use leftover rice, which makes it a solution to “clean out the fridge” meal. Yes, you now realize that you have all those ingredients…
It is easy to make and will fix your hungry just in 10 minutes.
- 1 cup of rice cooked
- 2 tbsp. of cooking oil
- 2 tbsp. of onion, minced
- 2 tbsp. of chopped carrot
- 2 tbsp. of chopped red & yellow bell peppers
- 5 pieces of shrimp
- 1 egg
- 1 stalk of green onion, finely chopped
- 1 tsp. of palm sugar
- 1/2 tsp. of black pepper
- 1 tbsp of soy sauce
How to cook rice
- Combine 2 1/2 cups of water with 1 cup of dry rice in a pot and set under low heat
- Cover the pot and let it simmer for about 10 minutes
- Remove from heat and allow the rice to steam in the pot for 2 minutes.
- Preheat pan to medium heat
- Add cooking oil
- Add onion, carrot, and shrimp
- Stir fry until tender
- Move the onion, carrot, and shrimp to the side
- Add the beaten egg onto the other side
- Using a spatula to scramble the egg.
- Add the rice mixture.
- Pour the soy sauce and sugar on the top.
- Stir fry the rice and veggie mixture.
- Add chopped bell peppers
- Add chopped green onion.