Creamy Cauliflower Wild Rice Soup
Tis the season to make soup. I loved this soup. Great veggie soup for a meatless weekend. The soup is creamy it’s only 125calories and it tastes.
Ready in 40 minutes
Serves 6 people
- 1 cup chopped celery (150 g)
- 1 medium white onion, diced (approximately 1 1/2 cups, 215 g)
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon ground thyme and oregano
- 2 cups carrots, peeled and diced (300 g)
- 4 heaped cups or 1 piece of cauliflower, cut into small florets (450 g)
- 5 cups of vegetable stock
- 1/2 cup nutritious yeast (30 g)
- 1 1/2 cups of boiled wild rice (250 g)
- 1 teaspoon sea salt and black pepper or more to taste
- Squeeze fresh lemon juice (1-2 tablespoons)
Cook wild rice according to package directions. I used a mixture of wild rice. Once cooked, reserve.
- Add the onion, garlic and celery to a soup pot of at least 7.5 qt with 2 tablespoons of water and cook over medium heat for about 5 minutes until it begins to soften and stir frequently (alternatively, you can place the vegetables in Fry 1 tablespoon of olive oil). When the pot starts to dry, add another tablespoon of water. Add the thyme and oregano, stir to combine, and simmer for another 2 minutes until it smells.
- Add cauliflower, carrot and whole vegetable stock and cook over medium heat until carrots and cauliflower are tender. This should take about 20 minutes.
- Add nutritional yeast.
- Put half of the soup in a blender. Be sure to leave a crack in the lid to allow steam to escape. Start mixing at low, then increase to high and mix until smooth and creamy. Once mixed, return it to the pot with the rest of the soup.
- Add cooked rice.
- Season with salt and pepper and squeeze fresh lemon if desired.
- Serve immediately with chopped fresh chives or scallions or store in the refrigerator for up to 5 days or in the freezer for up to 2 months.
Nutrient Analysis per serving.
- 1/6 of the recipe (350 g)
- Calories: 125
- Fat: 0.4 g
- Carbs: 25 g
- Fiber: 6 g
- Protein: 8 g