CREAMED POTATO SOUP
One of my go-to soup plans and top pick! It’s a particularly smooth, generous, comfort soup. …
- 4 med. potatoes, peeled and cut into eighths
- 1 sm. onion, cut into eighths
- 4 green onions, coarsely chopped
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 2 (10 1/2 oz.) cans no-salt added chicken broth, undiluted
- 1 c. skim milk
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1/2 tsp. white pepper
- 1/8 tsp. nutmeg
- Combine potatoes, onion, green onions, garlic, and broth in a heavy 3 quart saucepan. Cover and simmer 20 minutes or until potatoes are tender.
- Process potato mixture in batches in container of an electric blender or food processor until smooth. Combine pureed mixture with milk and remaining ingredients, stirring until well blended.
- Reheat soup to serving temperature or cover and refrigerate until chilled.