Chicken Soto is a typical Indonesian food in the form of a kind of chicken soup with a yellowish sauce. This yellow color is caused by turmeric which is used as a spice. Chicken soup is commonly found in areas in Indonesia and Singapore.
● 1 young native chicken, split 4
● 500 gram claw, clean it
● 2 lemongrass stems, bruised
● 5 pieces of orange leaf
● 2 scallions, roughly cut
● 2 liters of water
● salt, sugar and pepper to taste
● 12 red onions
● 6 cloves of garlic
● 3 candlenuts
● 2 cm ginger
● 2 cm turmeric
● 1 teaspoon pepper granules.
● glass noodles (brewed with hot water, drain)
● potatoes (thinly sliced, dry fried)
● 5 pieces of cabbage (roughly sliced)
● bean sprouts (brewed with hot water, drain)
● fried onion
● celery, finely sliced
● cayenne sauce
- Bring water to a boil, add the claw, give 2 bay leaves and a slice of ginger. Boil until cooked, drain the claw, set aside.
- Saute ground spices, add lemon grass and lemon leaves. Stir until withered. Add the chicken, cook while stirring until the chicken changes color. Then
- Add the claw, add sugar, salt and ground pepper.
- Add the leeks and stir well.
- Take the chicken, shred, then fry.
- Tata rice, shredded chicken, potato chips, bean sprouts, sliced cabbage, glass noodles, celery leaves. Pour the soup in soto, sprinkle with fried