Avocado with tomato
I love avocados and this made a superb nibble for me, however, you could serve this as a starter as well. It looks lovely on a plate and is simply so easy to assemble. I love splendid colours and it nearly looked too great to even think about eating. It tastes crisp and light yet will be reasonably filling a direct result of the supplement thickness of the avocado. Avocados are probably the best nourishment you can eat.
Ingredients (for 2 persons):
- 1 ripe avocado
- 2 tablespoons fresh basil
- 1 tomato
- 1 tbsp finely chopped onions
- some finely chopped garlic
- 2 tbsp balsamic vinegar
- pine nuts
- some grated Parmesan
- Cut the avocado lengthwise and remove the core. Salt and pepper both avocado halves.
- Lightly fry the pine nuts in a frying pan with occasional stirring.
- Meanwhile, wash the tomato and cut it into small pieces, removing the stalk. Put the tomato cubes with the finely chopped onion and the basil into the hollow of the avocado halves and pour over the balsamic vinegar.
- Sprinkle with pine nuts and Parmesan and serve.
Nutritional values (per serving):
260 Calories, 6 g protein, 20 g fat, 10 g carbohydrates, 6 g fiber