APPLE, DATE AND ORANGE SALAD
What about another reviving serving of mixed greens for the late spring. It’s hard to believe, but it’s true, you heard it, an apple and orange serving of mixed greens with raisins and walnuts! Try not to thump it till you attempt it, it’s flavorful, the pleasantness from the raisins and the crunchiness from the walnuts is the thing that I think makes it uncommon.
The combination of fruits required by the accompanying recipe is an easy one to procure in the winter time. Apple and date salad is a combination much liked, but unless it is served with a rather sour dressing, it is found to be too bland and sweet for most persons. The addition of the orange gives just the acid touch that is necessary to relieve this monotonous sweetness.
- 1 cup diced apples
- 3/4 cup dates
- 2 diced oranges
- opinions : raisins and walnuts
- seeded Salad dressing
- Peel the apples and dice them into fine pieces.
- Wash the dates, remove the seeds, and cut each date into six or eight pieces.
- Prepare the oranges as directed for preparing oranges for salad, and cut each section into two or three pieces.
- Just before serving, mix the fruits carefully so as not to make the salad look mushy, pile in a neat heap on garnished salad plates, and serve with any desired dressing.