Apple and Mango Muffins
Muffins are a great breakfast and nibble food, when you make them yourself. The issue with most locally acquired muffins is that they include additives to keep them new far longer than is ordinary, huge loads of sugar to make them delicious and your body need it, and other bad added substances and synthetic compounds to trick your mind and tongue into adoring them and needing more.
- 3/4 cup butter, melted
- 1 large egg
- 1 medium apples, peeled and chopped
- 1 1/2 cup mango pieces
- 1/2 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 1 1/2 cups all purpose flour
- 1 cup brown sugar, packed
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Place the oven rack in the center position. Turn the oven on 375 degrees F. Grease muffin cups with cooking spray.
- Break the egg, sugar and butter into a large bowl. Mix well.
- Put the remaining ingredients into another large bowl. Stir well. Dig a hole in the center of the flour mixture with the mixing spoon. Put the fruit mixture into the hole. Stir just until the flour mixture is moistened. Spoon the batter into the muffin cups. The cups will be full and the batter mounded.
- Bake for 40-45 minutes until a tooth pick inserted straight down into the center of a muffin comes out clean. Turn the oven off. Remove the pan to the wire rack. Let stand for 5 minutes. Remove the muffins to the wire rack to cool.
- 1/2 brown sugar
- 1 tsp cinnamon
Sprinkle on top of each muffins.
share on facebookshare on twittershare on pinterestsave to commonthought